The Sarvottam School library stocks with an adequate number of books on diverse topics and subjects which are easily accessible to the students. The vibrant library helps the children to upgrade and update their knowledge and to reinforce their school learning. It has been carefully equipped with several knowledge word banks and is treated as a ‘Temple of Education’.
The School Library is open to all bonafide students of the School. All classes are provided with at least one library period per week. Students have to observe the following rules:
- Each student is allowed to borrow one book a week.
- They must maintain absolute silence in the Library.
- Books other than reference books are issued for one week. If the books are returned late a fine of SR. 1 per day will be charged. Repeatedly returning books late will result in the borrowing facility being withdrawn for 4 weeks.
- Books marked, disfigured or damaged will have to be replaced or paid for by the borrower.
- The Library has an open shelf system and students must help to maintain order and organization in the different shelves. They must put the books on the tables after consultation, not just anywhere on the shelves.
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books and belongings to the Library.
- Any child found damaging or defacing a book regularly would be debarred from the library for the whole academic year.
- Facility for photocopying the documents is available.