HOW TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA FOR STUDY.
Centuries have changed but still, when learning comes to one’s mind the first image that forms is of reading a textbook and gaining the knowledge. But during Covid 19 the world had come up with the new revolutionary methods of teaching-learning techniques that’s the dynamic and staggering use of social media. Now social media is no more scanned as an entertainment platform only, rather it is considered as a potent tool where one can search, research and develop their content and gain as much as they want. The plethora of learning tools are there which if used effectively can make learning easy and at Sarvottam International School which is the best International School in Greater Noida West is effectively using this learning tool in different form to make their students Tech Savvy and inculcate happy and easy learning in their curriculum.
Generally when we talk about social media it’s always considered as a waste of time. But it’s not invariably veracious. The effective use of social media can destroy this myth as the list has innumerable benefits also. Keeping all the multitudinous benefits in mind Sarvottam International School make their students to come with ingenious and promethean ideas of learning which make the Sarvottamites different from other school students and also make Sarvottam International School as one of the Top International School in Greater Noida West.
If we talk about the conventional method of obtaining information and gaining knowledge, it has experienced a 360 degree turn. To edify youngsters this could be used constructively. While transmitting information on a one-on-one basis is considered hypothetical, social media on the other hand can do the same in much more effectively and to a broader audience all at once. The different minded people helps in creating a safe space where diverse opinions and views are accepted and on social media this could be easily detectable. Some of the ways on how effective social media can be for the child's learning are mentioned below:
- Education: E-learning websites are great way to gain knowledge and discuss their learning’s or qualms using various social media channels. Few sites such as YouTube succour individuals to manifest one’s outlook on various subjects. An individual identity can be created in the process while alluring millions of views to climb to the top of search engines. And that is the reason why there is a meticulous role of social media in education.
- Spreading Awareness: Spreading information to the masses to bring awareness is one of the most important uses of social media. The young people who see the essence of treating everyone equally and social media as the perfect place to spread that message use it for spreading the statistics. This shows the empathy level of generation.
- Enhances Creativity: Social Media acts as a platform where the learners can illustrate, foster and kindle their different idiosyncratic skills through circulating photos, blogs, individual articles, videos, audio clips, etc. It offers opportunities for students. The information they share is exclusive, but new applications and websites spring up every day with new ways to expound creativity and individuality.
- Boosts Skill: Social media helps to market as well as reach out to potential employers and employees. Sites like YouTube have thousands of educational videos that give anyone the ability to sharpen and develop their various skills and talents, for example, playing the guitar, swimming and even cooking.
- Collaborating Learning: Learning now a days is not restricted to schools or in an academic environment. Social Media could be effectively used either to access or share the educational content. By creating Facebook groups with classmates, children can talk about studies, share informative videos, study materials and help each other out when stuck on a problem or concept. They can evaluate and appreciate on each other’s piece of work together to understand and solve queries. Encouraging group study and involvement also boosts teamwork.
Above are only handful of points at Sarvottam International School which are scrutinized and aptly used to make their students understand the concept smoothly, boost creativity and instill the teamwork in their life to develop and grow the young minds of Sarvottamites with the modern era and differentiate them from the crowd.