WHY TECHNOLOGY IS IMPORTANT TO TEACH MATH IN THE ELEMENTARY
The guidance of preserves teachers to use generation is one of the most crucial issues dealing with teacher schooling applications. The desires of the route include (a) providing school students with the opportunity to study precise technological resources in mathematical contexts, (b) focusing scholar attention on how and whilst to apply technology correctly in arithmetic school rooms, and (c) giving possibilities for school students to apply their expertise of era and its makes use of inside the teaching and learning of arithmetic. However, the usage of computer systems for academic purposes nonetheless lags in the back of the combination of generation within the corporate international and isn't used as often or successfully as is needed. One way to close the space and convey mathematics education into the twenty first century is by getting ready preservice teachers to utilize instructional tools such as graphing calculators and computers for his or her destiny exercise.
Even earlier than the extra state necessities, quite little time have been spent providing preservice instructors with fingers-on experience the use of photographs calculators and arithmetic software program. But, little time became spent making ready preservice arithmetic instructors to use era of their future school rooms. Our application has required all secondary training majors to take two one-credit trendy education era courses that address spreadsheet, word processing, and web-web page improvement, however none of those university era studies provided them with content particular or classroom particular stories they may want as destiny arithmetic Instructors. Our response to the growing need for technological literacy was to create a second methods course entitled, Tools and Technology of Secondary Mathematics. Misuses of technology are discussed and discouraged, such as using calculators as a way to avoid learning multiplication skills and using computers to practice procedural drills rather than to address conceptual understanding. Rather, preservice teachers discuss the uses and benefits of commercial software and handheld devices to explore different content topics that have become possible with technology and consider pedagogical issues. These future mathematics teachers create several lesson plans using technology as an instructional tool. The quality of our preservice teachers since our program emphasized technology in the mathematics classroom is apparent. Many host teachers admit to learning valuable teaching strategies using technology from individuals in our program. Although most of our preservice teachers receive favorable technology evaluations, we think we can do better. Our preservice teachers continue to think pedagogically in ways that they were taught rather than to think of the potential learning gains using technology. This course does lay the foundation for these teachers as they become more comfortable with their teaching practices and different ways to educate their students.
Reasons for Using Technology in the Classroom motives for the use of generation inside the lecture room.
1. Technology permits students to illustrate independence. Tech makes it clean to offer options for conducting desires.
2. Technology enables school students to construct strong content understanding wherever they find it. It is easy for students to pursue whatever they may be curious about with generation. Make to be had on-line dictionaries to speedy appearance up unknown words.
3. Technology responds to the varying needs of audience, challenge, cause, field.
Decode this crucial idea early inside the education 12 months. Explain why audiences are distinct as is mission, purpose and field and the way verbal exchange strategies want to evolve to those variances to succeed. Then, let students pick what works, be it audio, visible, textual, color/motion, or a polyglot in their personal making.
4. Technology values evidence. With era, students can click via to primary files for proof in guide of their argument and thrust back in the event that they don’t find those connections. Is the statistics believable in the event that they cannot evaluate source cloth? What if it changed into misinterpreted? Teaching school students to study intently suppose seriously, and dig deeper is easier with technology.
5. Technology knows other views. Certain,
This will be executed via communication and class shows, but doing it thru blogging, remarks, dialogue boards (technology) are bigger. Plus, as students share their angle, they are able to edit and rewrite to make sure the words absolutely mirror their ideas.
6 .Technology differentiates for wishes of students. Nothing does this well than technology. The creative student can use art and tune. Folks who love phrases can write. Visible rookies can use a mixture of color, photographs and personal drawings.
7. Technology deepens studying by way of the use of assets students are interested in. If we do our task well, school students are inspired to research greater. They’re keen to dig deeper into what has sparked their scholastic hobby. If that means getting a ride to the library, going to the book place for a book, arranging tutoring time with a informed teacher, they will never get to it.
8. Keep in mind a video. For teaching, that is. School students can pause it, rewind, and research at their own pace. That’s generation.